June Lake is a community in the heart of California's eastern Sierra Nevada region.
- World Class Trout Fishing
- Hiking and Climbing
- Road Cycling or Mountain Biking
- Camping and RV use
- Backpacking and Wilderness Travel
- Swimming, Waterskiing and Wakeboarding, Paddling and Sailing
- 4WD and OHV Routes
- Winter Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowshoeing, Snowmobiling
- Fall Colors
- Sightseeing, Wildlife and Birds, Photography
- A great retreat for just relaxing
Our town offers what you need to make your vacation complete. There are recreational facilities including a winter ski area and summer marinas on the lakes; places to stay, eat and drink; live entertainment venues; horseback rides and pack trips; grocery and convenience stores; supplies, photography, art and pottery galleries; a full spa and fitness facility; a great brewery; a retail cannabis boutique; sporting goods, souvenirs, and friendly people to welcome you.
The Gull Lake Boat Docks on a calm spring morning
We are surrounded by the Sierra Nevada's famous attractions:
- Ansel Adams Wilderness
- Mono Lake and the Mono Basin National Scenic Area
- Lee Vining and Tioga Pass
- Yosemite National Park
- Owens River Headwaters
- Bodie Historic State Park
- Devil's Postpile National Monument
- Bishop, Mammoth and Bridgeport areas
The June Lake Loop area has been dubbed the "Switzerland of California." Our main village is situated on the shores of June Lake and Gull Lake. There is a total of four lakes in the "loop," including Silver Lake and Grant Lake, with a variety of resorts, campgrounds, restaurants and other services to make visitors welcome. There are numerous trails and roads for your hiking, cycling and OHV enjoyment. June Mountain Ski Area provides access to over 500 acres of designated runs, and a wealth of off-piste terrain. Put June Lake on your "must-see" list. You won't be disappointed!